Happy Fab Friday, folks!
Today we have decided to help you guys get to know us, the ladies behind Golden Girls, a little bit better! While we absolutely LOVE photography, it isn't all we are about!
Here's a fun little list of some of our favorite things and some fabulous facts about yours truly!
Valerie: Team Canon. Wears a lot of black. Daydreams about tattoos too much.
1. Favorite Food: If we're talking type, Chinese food hands-down. I could eat it every day. If we're talking one specific thing to eat.. well, that's hard. It pretty much changes all the time. Right now, I've been eating a lot of cucumbers. They're so refreshing and crunchy and yummy! So... cucumbers. Final answer.
2. Favorite band/musician: RAMONES. For sure. Forever. Gabba Gabba.
3. Favorite 80s movie: What is this? Sophie's Choice?! This is a topic close to my heart. There are soooo many good ones. It's probably a four-way tie with Karate Kid/Say Anything/Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Dirty Dancing. No wait! Back to the Future totally takes the lead. Back to the Future is my favorite. (But the other four are right behind. So close, guys. So close.)
4. Guilty Pleasure: Diet Dr. Pepper. I know, I know. It's so bad for me. I'm really addicted. Forgive me.
5. Most Famous Person You Have Met: OK, if we're talking most famous, probably Robert Downey Jr. (although, technically, I met him before his comeback, so I'm not sure if this counts.) I ran into him in the back of some empty art gallery in Hollywood. He was super nice, kinda smelly and very friendly. He seemed like he wanted to chat for a bit but I really had to pee so I cut it short. (Regrets. I've had a few.) But my favorite celebrity encounter was with Dennis Haskins, better known as Mr. Belding! The year was 1995. I was in fifth grade. I just won a medal for my awesome D.A.R.E. essay and he was our celebrity host dude. When they called me onstage, I high-fived the heck out of him. (Semi-related: Did you know there's going to be a Saved by the Bell expose on Lifetime?! Mark your calendars!)
Summer: Nikonian. Bottled Red. Believer. Cupcake connoisseur.
1. Favorite Food: I would have to go with GRILLED asparagus hands-down favorite. Preferably anything grilled is dreamy to me, grilled veggies, grilled pizza, grilled strawberries! (Yummo!) I want Bobby Flay in my backyard grilling breakfast, lunch and dinner, all day erry day!
2. Favorite band/musician: JENNY LEWIS people! Go right now and listen to "The Last Messiah" <3
3. Favorite 80s movie: Dude, Pretty in Pink for sure! When Molly Ringwald cuts her dress that her dad bought her, and Blaine! OMG! But, really, the star of the movie and my inspiration for my punk, ska days: Duckie! Oh, Jon Cryer, before that one show with that one guy.
4. Guilty Pleasure: Netflix! Binge watching Orange is the New Black, Breaking Bad, Cake Boss, and any movie that includes the words "ABC Family original movie".
5. Most Famous Person You Have Met: I've seen tons of celebrities, I was in a room with Justin Timberlake, like, less then 15 feet away!! I've walked passed Shaq at the airport, Gwen Stefani touched my hand! But to have a conversation with any and say, "Hi! I'm Summer and I'm your biggest fan"... nope, too chicken!
So, what about you? What are your faves and facts? What celebrities have you rubbed elbows with? We want to know!
Work it Wednesday announcement: Next week's theme is FAVORITE! Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday!