It's Tuesday again and you know what that means.....
Dear Golden Girls,
I'm social media illiterate. Truly, I barely understand Facebook, but instagram is something that everyone tells me I should have. What am I missing out on, and how can it benefit my business?
No worries, we got you! Instagram is the best! Girl, the social media age is alive and well and it is the best thing for your business. It's the link between you and your potential clients. The best thing about it, is that it's FREE!!! That's right, FREE MARKETING!
Here are some tips to help get you going:
- Create a separate business Instagram account.
- Download a photo resizing app (Instasize, etc) and it will resize your photos and put white borders around your images. It gives your gallery a sense of professionalism, even if you are just posting photos of your lunch.
- Consistency is key! Curate your photos to show your best work. This is a mini portfolio in the hands of millions of users. Once they see your amazing work they'll be hooked and want to see more.
- Use hashtags. # is a hashtag sign. Clients can search hashtags using specific phrases (for example, #inlandempirephotographer) and get directed to your image! Choose broad and descriptive words catered to each image: #weddingphotographer #polkadotdress #Photographerlife etc.
- Follow fellow photographers, past clients, small businesses, etc.
- Share at least once a day, up to 3 images a day.
We'd love to see you on Instagram! Follow us here: instagram.com/goldengirlsworkshops
Post your Instagram username in the comments. We'd love to follow you!
If you have a Let's Talk Tuesday question for us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!